Asphalt Developers Announce Disney Speedstorm
During the Nintendo Direct on February 9, Gameloft SE announced a new racing game featuring Disney and Pixar characters. Title Disney Speed Storm, This kart racer features crushable rails, car battles and powerups.
Some of the characters featured include Captain Jack Sparrow, Mulan, Mickey Mouse, Sully, and Donald Duck. The game will release as a free-to-play title with a planned roadmap for additional content to be released on a seasonal schedule. Cross-platform play and online/local multiplayer confirmed. The game is due out this summer.
Here is an overview of the game:
The ultimate Disney and Pixar racing experience
Immerse yourself in the ultimate hero-based combat racing game on high-speed tracks inspired by the Disney and Pixar worlds. Master the unique skills of each character on the track and claim victory in this thrilling arcade racing experience from the creators of the Asphalt series!
- DISNEY & PIXAR GO FULL BATTLE RACING – An incredible cast of characters including Captain Jack Sparrow, Mulan, Mickey Mouse, Sulley, the Beast and more are suited up and ready for race battle. Improve each racer’s stats and make the most of their unique skills that can impact the outcome of a single race and drastically change the way you play the game!
- ARCADE RACING REDEFINED – Anyone can pick up and play Disney Speedstorm, but mastering skills and techniques like timing your nitro boosts, accurately drifting around turns, and adapting to dynamic track environments are key to dominating each race.
- RACING TOGETHER HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER – Choose your rider and speed solo on action-packed tracks, or challenge your friends in local and remote multiplayer modes. You can even compete against players from all over the world to become an online legend.
- DISNEY AND PIXAR INSPIRED TRACKS – Start your engine in environments inspired by some of your favorite Disney and Pixar movies. From the docks of the Pirates Island track in Pirates of the Caribbean to the wilds of the Jungle Ruins map in The Jungle Book, and even racing the Great Wall of China itself from Mulan or the Scare Floor in Monsters, Inc., you can experience these worlds from a new and exciting perspective designed specifically for racing!
- CUSTOMIZE TO YOUR OWN STYLE – Choose your favorite driver costume, flashy kart livery and show off stylish wheels and fenders – all of this and more is possible with the game’s extensive customization features!
- NEW CONTENT YOUR WAY – The action never slows down with new seasonal content always around the corner. New Disney and Pixar racers will be added regularly, bringing special skills to master (or overcome), and unique tracks will often be created, to inject new strategy into the mix. Support characters, environments, customization options, and collectibles will also be arriving regularly, so there’s always more to discover.